The Affordable Care Act is a controversial topic, and I’m sure there are many different viewpoints represented in our class. For this discussion, let’s start by focus on understanding the basics of the Healthcare Marketplace so that we can provide accurate information for our patients and communities. Please explore the healthcare marketplace website at https://www.healthcare.gov/. Choose the “get answers” tab towards the top of the page.
- Review several of the topics under this tab and share two things that you learned about how the marketplace works.
- How does this information apply to those in your community?
- As a healthcare provider, has this raised any ethical questions or concerns for you?
- APA FORMAT
- Chapter 11: The Health Care System
- Chapter 12: Economics of Health Care
- Chapter 13: Cultural Diversity and Community Health NursingNies, A., & McEwen, M. (2015). Community/Public health nursing: Promoting the health of populations (6th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Saunders/Elsevier.
- Chapter 10: Policy, Politics, Legislation, and Community Health NursingREQUIRED REFERENCES
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2012). HealthCare:The Affordable Care Act. Retrieved fromhttp://www.healthcare.gov/law/timeline/full.html