- Tobacco dependency threatens the health of many Americans and it poses a preventable burden to the health care system.
- It is not unusual for patients in US hospitals to acquire preventable diseases infections and conditions during their stay in the hospital.
- A growing pool of patients is unable to read and write in the English language. Language is a barrier to effective care delivery as well as patient compliance.
- Elderly and disabled patients with multiple medications are at risk of medication interactions and potential drug safety concerns.
- Veterans may suffer from service-related injuries, both physical and mental health are concerns for the VA.
- Not all medical devices are constructed safely. Patients and providers rely on their safety.
- Health care providers are scarce in certain low-income and rural underserved areas in the US, including Native American territories.
- Disadvantaged patients may seek care in emergency rooms because they have no where else to receive services.
- Disadvantaged children often do not have health insurance and do not receive the preventive care (such as vaccines and well-baby check-ups) that can avoid long-term health problems.
There are multiple agencies that are involved in implementing policy and regulations such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control PLACE ORDER FOR A COMPLETE AND CUSTOMIZED ANSWER U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) through the Office on Smoking and Health (OHS) is responsible for the restrictions on marketing, advertising and promotions that include prohibiting tobacco brand name sponsorship of any athletic, musical, or other social cultural event[USF161]. Also it requires that the audio ads ………………..PLACE ORDER FOR A COMPLETE AND CUSTOMIZED ANSWER…………