After reading the SAMPLE ESSAY, answer the following the questions. Remember to use complete sentences.
If you need a quick refresher on the structure of an essay, be sure to check out the links on the START HERE page.
1. Looking at the introduction, does anything feel repetitious? How could the author possibly fix these errors?
2. Ideally the thesis statement should be presented at the last sentence of the introduction. Looking at the last sentence of the intro, what do you make of the thesis? Does it answer the “so what”? Can anything be improved upon?
4. The first sentence of each body paragraph of your essay should not only support the thesis but state the focus of each body paragraph. Do the topic sentences of the first, second, and third body paragraphs support the thesis? Does all of the information within each body paragraph stay focused on the idea presented in each topic sentence?
5. When looking at the information within each body paragraph and referencing your handouts about incorporating quotations, how can some of the quotes from the story be improved upon?
6. The conclusion of a literary analysis should provide some summary and final thoughts to drive home the idea presented in your thesis. Keeping this in mind, do you feel the author’s conclusion effective?
7. What would you grade this essay (A, B, C, D, or F)?
In order to receive full credit for this post you must:
Post your response to all questions. Your answers should be specific and use complete sentences.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Discussion board #6: student sample essay | Freshman Comp II ENC | Valencia College first appeared on nursing writers.