“Big Brother Big Business”
Big Brother Big Business takes a disturbing look at how the growth of the information society may be deteriorating the freedoms many people take for granted. More than ever before, technology is being used to monitor Americans. Driving habits are being documented, personnel are monitored, shoppers and patrons are observed and analyzed, and Internet queries are saved and utilized as evidence in the courtroom. It is Big Business which gathers the majority of the data about us. Yet, it is the government that is using it.
Summarizing the speaker’s main points
In the documentary Big Brother Big Business, David Faber takes viewers inside the FBI, the Border Patrol, police departments and schools to determine how they are using biometric technologies to ascertain identity. We also get a look inside a little-known division of AOL that works solely with law enforcement requests for information about AOL’s members.
Faber furthermore looks at a few of the disadvantages of the new surveillance society: a man whose cell phone data had been stolen by a former employer, a woman who lost her job due to mistaken identity, and a man who learned his rental car company was monitoring his every move.
Reactions to the ideas presented
This is the loss of freedom we face when our privacy is taken from us. This is life in former East Germany, or life in Saddam Hussein’s Iraq. And it’s our future as we allow an ever-intrusive eye into our personal, private lives.
Too many wrongly characterize the debate as “security versus privacy.” The real choice is liberty versus control. Tyranny, whether it arises under threat of foreign physical attack or under constant domestic authoritative scrutiny, is still tyranny. Liberty requires security without intrusion, security plus privacy. Widespread police surveillance is the very definition of a police state. And that’s why we should champion privacy even when we have nothing to hide. 10 nuggets of information
1. Internet searches are being recorded, everything from religion, sexual concerns, political leadings, and your medical concerns.
2. 49-Year-old Thomas Wellinger, the driver of the Yukon was charged with three counts of second-degree murder. Crucial evidence used against him was obtained from a device in his own car, a device that was tracking his driving without his knowledge. If you’ve bought a car in the last few years, chances are, you have one, too. It is known an event data recorder or EDR, also referred to as black box. It captures what happens in an automobile in the seconds before and afr its air bag is released.
3. Bank of America, Paymaxx, DSW, Lexis Nexis, MCI, Ralph Lauren, Time Warner, The Department of Justice, Citigroup, Boeing, Ford Motor, The Marines, universities, railroads and The Department of Veteran Affairs, just a few of the hundreds of entities that have reported a significant loss of data from hackers, lost laptops, lost backup tapes or theft.
4. The federal privacy act of 1974 limits the government’s ability to compile dossiers on individual Americans, but there are fewer limits on private industry.
5. Acxiom collects and manages more than 3 billion records a day.
6. Acxiom’s acre of computers gathers private information about us, information that is gathered by the bankers, insurers, carmakers and telecom companies. 7. Acxiom brings information to companies that want to market to consumers.
8. In 2003, some of that data was hacked from one of Acxiom’s servers. The company now says it has one of the most secure networks in the world.
9. Google search technology doesn’t differentiate between what is private and what’s not, so if it’s on the Internet, Google is going to find it, keep it and make it available to everybody else. 10. Google keeps a record of every search that has ever been conducted by anyone who has used it.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.
Effortlessly get the essays and grades you need. You can now get any essay, on any subject and at ANY deadline with just 10 minutes of your time (or less). Your professor will love you for it!