Introduction1. 1 BackgroundAs a BBA pupil of 8th semester of Kantipur College of Business Management and Humanities Studies. affiliated to Tribhuvan University. it was obligatory to make an internship of eight hebdomads as a partial fulfilment of the class. This internship plan is aimed at supplying larning and exposure chances to pupils that is hard to get theoretically. In the clip period of eight hebdomads. I tried to maximise our part to the organisation and to larn and better our work related accomplishments. So this first chapter of the study trades with the basic background of the internship and the operational activities performed during eight hebdomads internship period. It analyzes the theoretical cognition into practical cognition.
So as per partial demand of TU for BBA. I was assign to an internship plan at WorldLink Communication Pvt. Ltd. New Baneshwor Branch for eight hebdomads. All staffs of the organisation were concerted during the internship period. WorldLink Communication Pvt. Ltd. is the largest Internet Service Provider ( ISP ) in Nepal and one of the most outstanding IT company. Founded in September. 1995 with the purpose of supplying Internet and IT services. WorldLink started off by supplying store-and-forward e-mail services over a dial-up nexus. It has been supplying different IT services and with the usage of latest engineering. it has been upgrading itself for turn outing effectual services.
1. 2 AimsThe aim of this internship is to understand the existent life jobs in an organisation and how the survey of Business Administration helps in work outing those jobs. This internship has been done in order to carry on an Analysis of Operation at WorldLink Communication Pvt. Ltd. and offer suggestion for betterment. However. the premier aims of the survey. as per the demand of the internship can be categorized as: * To derive practical exposure and experience in a existent organisation. * To develop professionalism by working in an existent organisation. * For application of theoretical cognition in the organisational processs. * A measure towards our hereafter to develop a calling in the field of direction and disposal. 1. 3 Methodology
Research methodological analysis is the systematic manner of roll uping. postponing and analysing the information. The concluding result of any survey depends on the research methodological analysis followed. Assorted processs could be followed for roll uping information on the footing of which a study could be prepared. Thus research methodological analysis is the method used to garner necessary information to run into the aim of the survey. 1. 4. 1 Organization Selection
Tribhuvan University BBA plan will enable pupils to successfully run into the demands to work as in-between degree directors in a company by implementing strategic selling techniques. leting pupils to get competitory advantages. This will be obtained via cognition of selling activities and ways in which to organize and incorporate themselves across legion market place. Thus. Service supplying organisation will be more good to student seeking callings in Marketing. I got a aureate chance to work as an houseman at WorldLink Communication Pvt. Ltd at New Baneshwor subdivision. WorldLink was established in 1995 and it is the largest ISP of the state. It provides the cyberspace installation throughout the state. 1. 4. 2 Placement
During my eight hebdomads at WorldLink Communication Pvt. Ltd. . I was placed in assorted section of the company like Front Desk Department. Retail Department and Support Department. This helped me to understand the different activities performed in the organisation. In the procedure I have built up my assurance through the experience in the assorted sections. 1. 4. 3 Duration of Internship
As stipulated by Tribhuvan University ( TU ) . a BBA pupil should undergo internship for minimal eight hebdomads. The continuance of my internship was from 27th May. 2012 to 26th July. 2012. 1. 4. 4 Activities Performed
During the period of internship. different activities are performed when I was placed in different sections. Customer Support Department* Supplying information about services* Assist to make full up signifiers* Answering client questions* Accepting payments and to fix grosss* Answering customers’ phone call and forwarding to concern section
Selling and Gross saless Department* Managing the clients* Assists client to choose service appropriate to them* Field visits and seeking the possible client* Follow up clients* Collecting position of client about service public presentation* Forwarding ailment to back up section* Reminding client about paymentsSupport Department* Managing the client’s ailment and work out jobs* Pull offing new connexion and old 1s* Proving phone support to the clients
Chapter TWOINTRODUCTION OF INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER2. 1 ISP Industry in briefInternet Service Provider ( ISP ) is the service supplier which provides cyberspace based services to the people. It provides those services through different medium and to different platforms. It used to supply those services from wired engineering but now it besides provide those services through wireless engineering. This industry copes with alterations in engineering and follow new engineering which brings more benefits to them. So. this industry is straight depend upon planetary engineering promotion. It is service industry which provides cyberspace service. Bing a service industry. its major determiner of public presentation is the quality of service it delivered to the clients. 2. 2 History of Internet Service Provider Industry
The history of ISP started from 1990. in Brookline. USA. a Massachusetts-based “The World” became the first commercial ISP. When the cyberspace became popular and its entree is limited to the research lab and universities. the commercial ISP sprang up to offer entree to internet to those who are willing to pay for services. And commercial ISP started. 2. 3 The Internet Service Provider ( ISP ) in Nepal
The history of ISP’s in Nepal is non older than two decennaries. In 1994. Mercantile Office System established which provided commercial e-mails services to public for the first clip. A twelvemonth subsequently. Mercantile Communication. subdivision of Mercantile Office System started internet service to public. ISPs are regulated by Nepal Telecommunication Authority ( NTA ) which formulated all the policies sing the operation of ISP. Out of 43 ISPs in Nepal. 20 are associated with Internet Service Providers’ Association of Nepal ( ISPAN ) . the umbrella organisation for ISPs in Nepal. which is a non-profit-making organisation committed to advocated and back up a healthy Internet industry in the state. Due to the promotion of Information Technology and avidity among the people about cyberspace. this sector is in turning phase. ISPs are actively involved to supply cyberspace based services around the state. There are 43 ISPs in Nepal. and its function in the economic system and communicating is on the rise. ISPs are regulated by Nepal Telecommunication Authority ( NTA ) . With proper ordinance and increased investing. this sector is set to go an indispensable portion of communicating sector in Nepal The market of ISP in Nepal is extremely competitory and it faces much competition from Telecommunication companies of the state.
And besides hapless ordinances and policies have created the complex environment for the growing of this industry. There are about 4. 8 million cyberspace endorsers in the state. Out of that. merely 1 per centum is the endorser of private ISPs’ . Harmonizing to the policy of authorities. ISP has to pay 4 per centum of their gross as royalty and sedimentation 2 per centum to Rural Telecom Development Fund ( RTDF ) as its Universal Service Obligation. NTA provide the licence to the interested parties after measuring the proposal. if the proposal meet all the standards required. One of of import status that ISP should stay is non to run Basic Voice Telephony Service and should non complect with the domestic or international PSTN. There are presently 43 licensed ISP in the state which provides different cyberspace services to the people.
Chapter THREEINTRODUCTION OF ORGANISATION3. 1 Introduction of WorldLinkWorldLink is the largest ISP in Nepal and one of the most outstanding Information technology companies. It was founded in September. 1995 with the purpose of supplying cyberspace and IT services. It is managed by its Chairman and Managing Director Mr. Dileep Agrawal and Board of Directors. It has been associated with different organisation such as Internet Service Providers’ Association of Nepal ( ISPAN ) . Computer Association of Nepal ( CAN ) . Asia Pacific Network Information Center ( APNIC ) . Over the past 16 old ages. it has grown from little concern to a strong and stable corporation with professional staff and a strong client base. The company has positioned itself as a complete IT service supplier instead than merely an ISP by supplying services such as informations connectivity. web integrating and consulting. web hosting and development. At present. WorldLink is the largest private cyberspace service supplier of the state. It provides internet service to more than 19. 000 clients around the state. And besides. it provides services to single every bit good as to the corporate houses. The company has been supplying its services to different Bankss. insurance company. concern houses etc. Similarly. it provides different other services related to IT harmonizing to demands of the client.
3. 2 Vision of WorldLinkTo link everyplace. anyplace. all the clip
3. 3 Mission of WorldLinkTo present high-quality Information and Communication Technology ( ICT ) services at a sensible monetary value 3. 4 Objective of WorldLinkThe chief aim of WorldLink is to supply cyberspace and IT based service in the state and every bit good as. to retain itself as the largest ISP of the state. 3. 5 Core Valuess
The nucleus values lets the institute. clients and communities know what they serves. who they truly are and the rules by which they pledge to carry on concern. In kernel. the bank believes that the success can merely be achieved by populating their nucleus values and rules:
1. Excellence: The company has a passion for excellence and committed to winning with unity. They aspire to flawless executing without cutoffs on quality.2. Teamwork: WorldLink believe that teamwork is cardinal to the success. So they treat one another with regard and communicate openly and besides appreciate the value of multiple positions and diverse expertness.
3. Invention and Efficiency: WorldLink thrives on creativeness. inventiveness and consistence. They strive to maximise efficiency in everything they do and non afraid to take informed and responsible hazard.
4. Ethical motives: WorldLink is an ethical organisation that believes in unity and honestness at all degrees. They believe that ethical patterns are indispensable for long-run sustainability of organisation.
5. Customer Satisfaction: WorldLink respect their client above all else and portion a personal duty to keep our clients trueness and trust.6. Technology: WorldLink are ever willing to utilize new engineering and available cutting border engineering in the Global IT industry. They are non driven by engineering. they are driven by demand.7. Focus: WorldLink is more dedicated and focused in purveying services and supply solutions. non merely in engineering and web. 3. 6 Major Merchandise of Company3. 6. 1 Internet AccessIt provides internet entree Thursday unsmooth different methods such as Dial-up. Cable. Broadband and Wireless. It is the largest private ISP of the state which provides cyberspace to persons every bit good as corporate houses. Internet Service Package Offered By WorldLink
1. Cable Internet Service2. Wireless Internet Service3. Dial-up Internet Service4. Leased Line Internet Service
3. 6. 2 Internet TelephoneIt provides solutions for voice communications within offices in Nepal and abroad utilizing Internet Telephony engineering. It allows client to do low-priced international calls to anywhere outside Nepal. It offer internet telephone in the undermentioned types: * WorldCall Card
WorldCall card is a postpaid Internet phone card which can be used by any Internet user to do low-priced international calls to anywhere outside Nepal.
* D2D HotlineThis is a particular Internet Telephony service with which endorser can acquire an limitless talk clip for a fixed monthly charge per history. With WorldLink’s D2D Internet Telephony service. subscriber can remain connected locally and regionally utilizing the Internet and a phone set.
3. 6. 3 dataSAFE Online BackupIt is on-line informations backup service which allow client to hive away its informations to the waiter located at WorldLink’s informations centre. It protect from informations loss because of different grounds. And it allows to shop informations from anyplace. Datas are wholly secured through different encoding engineering. So. unauthorised individual can non entree those informations. 3. 6. 4 Data Networking
WorldLink provides a cost effectual solution for informations connexion and integrating of multiple office to centralise record. portion applications and extinguish congestion. It offers concern category dependability. backed with guaranteed service degrees and distinguished services. IT provides informations networking in the undermentioned type: * IP-VPN
* Wide Area Networking* VSAT Networking* Leased Line3. 6. 5 Web ServicesWorldLink besides provides the services to construct web sites harmonizing to the demand of clients in such mode which is originative and user-friendly. It provides different web services which are as follow: * Domain Registration
* Website Hosting* Website Development and Maintenance* Email Hosting
3. 6. 6 Software DevelopmentThe company besides develops the package for the companies which have alone demands. Company develops and integrates a broad scope of customized concern solutions for clients. 3. 6. 7 ICT Consultancy
With professional advisers. it guide and assist its client to carry through their concern demands with best program which suits clients’ budget and clip frame. It provides the best solution sing the demand and budget of clients.
3. 7 Internet Service Package Offered1. Cable Internet Service2. Wireless Internet Service3. Dial-up Internet Service4. Leased Line Internet Service
3. 8 Organizational Structure of WorldLinkTable 3. 1 Name of Board of DirectorsBoard of Directors|Dileep Agrawal| Chairman and Managing Director|Manoj Agrawal| Director|Bijay Jalan| Director|
Organizational construction of WorldLink
Figure 3. 1 Organization Structure of WorldLink3. 9 WorldLink Offices in NepalThe company provides different services through its subdivision and national offices in the state. The company is broad spread within state with assorted subdivision offices and national office. There are seven branch offices in Kathmandu vale and twenty one national offices. The subdivision offices inside Kathmandu vale are as follow: * Jawalakhel. Lalitpur
* Suryabinayak. Bhaktapur* Chabahil* Kalimati* Maharajgunj* New Baneshwor* New place. Putalisadak
3. 10 SWOT Analysis of WorldLinkDuring internship period SWOT analysis was conducted. which is presented below: Strengths:* Providing different services harmonizing to demand of clients* Larger web of merchandise distribution* Well known ISP of state* Using latest engineering for supplying services
Failing* Lack of human resources for executing day-to-day activities* Complex office layoutOpportunity* It can accomplish more market portion as people are interested towards cyberspace* Awareness among people is increasing about cyberspace based service* Internet is being necessities to people so company can derive more market Menaces
* Big telecommunication companies are more interested toward this sector* Customers wants assortment of cyberspace services* Increasing competition within this industry
Chapter FourAnalysis of Activities Done and Problem Solved4. 1 Analysis of the activities doneDuring the period of two months at WorldLink. I was given the chance to be placed in different section of the company. I was placed in Front Desk Department. Retail Department and Support Department. Different activities are performed in these sections and those activities are explained below: 4. 1. 1 Customer Service Department:
Customer Service Department is the most of import section of any organisation. It deals with client straight. It responds questions of the client and solved the inquiry raised quickly. So the success of company depends upon the ways through which this section trade with the clients and responds made to client questions. Therefore. it besides carries the image and repute of the company. This section is linked with all the sections of the company. They frontward issues to those sections with whom that issue is related. In the company. this section drama of import function while covering with client. During internship. different activities are performed in this section which are as following: * Supplying general information to client about different cyberspace services provided by the company * Accepting payments made by clients
* Forwarding issues to the concern sections* Keeping records of new clients* Answering phone calls made by clients* Helping clients to make full the signifiers* Describing different bundle offered by the company and help them to choose suited bundle
4. 1. 2 Selling and Gross saless DepartmentSelling and Gross saless section of the company handles all new clients and follow them sing their new connexions and besides follows bing client to remind them about payments. It surveys about quality of services. This section is responsible for happening out possible clients through field visit. The member of this section actively involved in making new clients. Similarly. it forward ailments of client to the support section to decide it rapidly. Currently. in this section there are four staffs dwelling supervisor. undertaking coordinator and two retail officers. This section is responsible to turn to the demand of client. Different activities are performed in this section which are as follows: * Managing clients forwarded by Front Desk Department
* Describing the bundle offered by the company* Proposing appropriate cyberspace service for client harmonizing to their demand * Forwarding customer’s ailment related to services to back up section for deciding jobs * Finding potency clients through field visit of different countries * Roll uping customers’ reaction sing quality of services during field visit * Coordinating with other subdivision offices’ retail officer sing client petition for switching of location * Making phone calls to clients to reminds about payments * Reacting to phone calls made by clients and replying questions made by them * Forwarding new connexion petition to back up section to put in new connexion to customers’ house * Visiting customers’ house for asking feasibleness of services 4. 1. 3 Support Department
This section handles the ailments. new installing and switching location issues of the company. Support section consist of staff with proficient cognition and expertness. This section is responsible for turn toing ailments written by clients through caput office or through mail or through telephones. During internship period. I was placed in this section for short period of clip. During that period different activities are performed. They are as follow: * Reviewing ailments made by clients
* Reviewing ailments forwarded by other sections* Visiting location of installing4. 2 Problem SolvedDuring the period of internship. different jobs were identified and solved consequently.* Undertaking with the different nature of the clients.* Supplying the necessary information to the clients as per their questions. * Supplying the best solution for clients* Managing the grudges of the clients by covering with polite nature.
4. 3 Restriction of the surveyThough the houseman has tried his best to finish the undertaking work through his best attempt. there are certain restrictions that bind this undertaking work. These restrictions can be mentioned as follow: * Due to the limited clip frame it was impossible to analyze all the activities of organisation * Due to confidentiality of different sections. the houseman was non to the full allowed to entree and non provided all the required information for survey. * All the learnt and collected information has non been presented into the study * The information entree was limited.
* The houseman was non to the full authorized to cover with clients
Chapter FIVECONCLUSION AND LESSON LEARNT5. 1 DecisionThe internship plan is really fruitful for the development of pupils. From internship. pupils are exposed to existent universe of commercialism and able to derive wide cognition and experience twith different sections every bit good as working rules of organisation. It allows pupils the chance to interpret academic theories and rules into action. to present 1s gained accomplishments and cognition so far. The completion of eight hebdomads at WorldLink gave me a professional experience as an internee in developing interpersonal accomplishments and working as portion of squad. Through observation of company and ain analysis it is reveled that the company is motivated toward the satisfaction of client through quality of services. Meanwhile. customers’ chief ailment was about the bringing of services and late reaction to ailments. 5. 2 Lesson Learnt
During internship period as an intern I got an chance to larn about the activities that are performed daily in service supplying organisation which will be added advantage to my professional accomplishments. Some of the lessons learnt during this internship plan are stated below: * Learnt to work as a portion of squad
* Learnt practical exposure and experience in existent organisation * Develop professional competency* Different techniques to manage the different working state of affairs * Learnt and better specific accomplishments such as communicating. job work outing. interpersonal accomplishments and presentation accomplishments * Witness schoolroom theories and rules being applied in existent universe state of affairs * Learnt clip direction
* Learnt to concentrate on primary aim* Learnt to act harmonizing to demand of state of affairs5. 3 RecommendationsOn the footing of survey. analysis and findings following recommendation can be made to the company: * The staffs and houseman should be informed on a regular basis about the new bundle offered by company before it really offered to clients * Staffs should be motivated by acknowledging the importance of them in organisation * Company need to develop the bundle to retain client than pulling new client because it is more profitable for organisation * Layout of office construction should be alter as current layout reflects complexness for client to make different sections * Staffs should be trained to make more effectual end products from them * Addition to manpower. as limited staff can non manage during haste hours and during extremum season. * Since the large telecommunication industry besides supplying internet service to people. private company should establish the plan that attract the clients.
Kotler. Philip ( 2003 ) Marketing direction. Pearson Education. New Delhi World Wide Web. worldlink. com. neptuniumWorld Wide Web. nta. gov. neptuniumBooklets of WorldLink