Respond to these questions, including 1 reference to your readings on ageism. Be sure to include citation for readings.
1. What is one example of ageism that you have witnessed in healthcare?
2. How do you think ageism affects older adults?
3. What do you think nurses can do to stop ageism in healthcare settings?
4. Why is it important to articulate your Personal Philosophy of Nursing?
5. What is the relationship between your Personal Philosophy of Nursing and your professional practice?
6. What theories of nursing have you studied?
7. Does your nursing practice follow any particular theorist(s)? Explain.
The one example of ageism I have witnessed is not PLACE ORDER FOR A COMPLETE AND CUSTOMIZED ANSWER the patient to maintain personal independence. While understanding the traits of a nurse as being nurturing and wanting to do everything PLACE ORDER FOR A COMPLETE AND CUSTOMIZED ANSWER the patient. We as nurses tend to strip the elderly of their independence. I’m not sure if it is because we feel we can do it faster or just plain wanting to help and get it done. While PLACE ORDER FOR A COMPLETE AND CUSTOMIZED ANSWER is a fine line between helping and making the patient dependent, we must allow our gerontological patients to participate in their own care, not matter how long it takes.I think PLACE ORDER FOR A COMPLETE AND CUSTOMIZED ANSWER can impact a semi-independent older adult to become totally dependent if not allowed to do daily rituals at their own pace. I have seen older adult patients quit doi…………………..PLACE ORDER FOR A COMPLETE AND CUSTOMIZED ANSWER …………….